Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Kitbash... "Dragonfly"

The second in my custom Kitbash ships made from X-Wing miniatures game ships.

I took the remnants of my K-Wing I used in my first bash and took the wings off an ARC-170Image result for k-wingImage result for x-wing game Arc-170

I Built a rear Fin structure out of Plasticard to help balance the look and feel of the vehicle.
The tiny sensor pod on the bottom of the front is from the top forward section of a Revell Snap-Tight Rebel Cruiser (couldn't find a good picture of that piece).
put it all together and paint it.
looks like this.


You can see that at some point the fin structure warped a little (not sure how exactly) so the fin isn't as even as I would like. Also, not my best paint job ever. In the end though I am still pretty happy with the overall appearance of how this turned out.


GAME STATS INCLUDED
The Lond Distance Reconnaissance Fighter is colloquially referred to as the Dragonfly. A spiritual cousin to the ARC-170 the Dragonfly is easy to pilot and very maneuverable. The Dragonfly comes loaded with advanced sensor equipment and an electronic countermeasures suite. The Dragonfly is a relatively slow craft, intended primarily for long distance reconnaissance missions into or near enemy territories. The Dragonfly does have a reasonable arsenal at its disposal, however and can find use in the thick of combat as an information gathering front-liner or a command relay ship in the rear guard.  As a slower craft, when engaged a Dragonfly pilot should always make use of its electronic countermeasures suite and maneuverability to gain the advantage. Despite relative fragility; when piloted by a good crew the Dragonfly can be pushed harder and further than most similar craft.





1 comment: